- Cyclone “TAUKTAE” assume the category of “Very Severe Cyclonic Storm”
- Hits coastal areas of Goa disrupting trees, power supplies etc.
- Maximum Sustained Surface Wind Speed may varies from 135 kmph to 155 kmph gusting up to 175 kmph.
- Tauktae may likely to reach Gujarat coast by the morning of May 18.
- Tidal waves may likely to inundate coastal areas above astronomical tides
- In Kerala , two people are reported dead due to rain and tidal impacts with widespread uprooting of trees, waterlogging, disruption of powers since Friday night.
- NDRF has increased number of teams from 53 to 100 to be deployed to Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Goa and Maharashtra
- PM Narendra Modi reviewed preparedness measures with NDMA, MHA,IMD and other line departments
- In Chellanam, Kerala , 3 Naval diving teams and one Quick Reaction Team from Southern Naval Command has been deployed