- In the next 4 days, the deep depression in the Arabian sea is likely to intensify into a “very severe Cyclonic Storm”.
- Wind speed may be 150-160 kms. per hour gusting up to 175 kmph.
- Tauktae may likely to reach Gujarat coast by the morning of May 18.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is holding a high level meeting today with the National Disaster Management Authority and other line departments to review the cyclone preparedness.
- NDRF has deployed at least 29 teams to potential areas to be affected by cyclone . 29 more teams of NDRF are kept on standby.